Saturday, October 18, 2014

 

Obama gets credit card declined

For anyone who ever had their credit card declined in a store or restaurant, no need to be embarrassed - it happened to the president, too.
CBS46 News
President Barack Obama shared the story Friday while signing an executive order aimed at fighting identity theft.

"I should mention, by the way, I went to a restaurant up in New York when I was there for the UN general assembly, and my credit card was rejected," he said. "Turned out I guess I don't use it enough, so they thought there was some fraud going on. Fortunately, Michelle had hers. I was trying to explain to the waitress, 'No, I really think that I've been paying my bills.'"

The executive order calls for newer, secure technology for government-issued debit and credit cards.


Tags : ,